-
April 2nd, 2003, 01:58 PM
#1
Inactive Member
2
In order to complete my end-school thesis called "Super8 little guide to professional filmmaker" ( around 100pages online here this summer ), I need to do a noise classification of S8 cameras. I cannot find those, do test, & pretend this is objectif since those might have not receive the same service-repair over years & did not used under same conditions. So I thougt about asking each of us to compare there cameras when owning several cameras. So my questions are :
* What cameras do you own ?
* Could you class them from the quieter to the noisiest & why ( just louder or different frequency ) ?
* What's the overall shape of those ( new, used, very used ) ?
* The comparison you make over what condition ( witch speed ? Loaded or unloaded ? )
Feel free to put any cameras in it.
If two camera you own have already been compared by another(s) poster(s) & you thoughts are the same than him (them), please notice it.
Remember that the more I get answer, the most objective the final qualification will be.
Thanks,
Matt
PS : If you not already have, please post as well in the Lens Qual. Contest post
-
April 2nd, 2003, 03:18 PM
#2
Inactive Member
no one has posted yet, so hear it goes. I do not own a Nizo 4080/4080.. but I have read/heard that they are the quitest super 8 cameras. Thats as much as I can say.
-
April 2nd, 2003, 05:53 PM
#3
Inactive Member
1. Nizo 6080 (especially with custom blimp)
2. Nizo 4080 (noisier than 6080, mine is!)
3. Canon 1014XLs (too noisy really)
All others silly-noisy!!!!
Lucas
-
April 2nd, 2003, 06:49 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Lightfeat :
what are all others ?
Matt
-
April 3rd, 2003, 04:11 AM
#5
Inactive Member
1. Sankyo 420-XL Supertronic, Elmo Super 8 Sound 3000AF, Elmo Super Wide F20S-XL (broken), Canon Auto Zoom 814 Electronic, Canon Auto Zoom 814, GAF 64, GAF 102 A, Nizo 3056 (sound broken).
2. No, i couldn't classify them loudest to quitest. I think the most silent camera is always the Nizos, then i want to say the Canons, but they are about as loud as everything else. Some of the little GAFs are kinda quiet just because they are so small. I am a bad judge of sound in cameras because i tend to use my cameras at concerts that are very loud. This drowns out any camera noise right away...that Sankyo is pretty damn loud, even at a show, though i can never hear it later. I think Nizos are quiet and everything else is loud. Simple as that.
3. Very new, used, very used (broken), new, very new, brand new (never used), new, very used (sound broken)
4. I don't understand this question. Anyway, most of these cameras were very inexpensive and are for collectability purposes. For instance the two Elmo's. One is a very bulky AF model, the other one has a super-wide lens of 4.6mm. The GAF's are unique as well. The GAF 64 is brand new and never used. This was my very first eBay transaction, and my first super 8. The other GAF is one of the oddest looking super 8 cameras i have ever seen. It looks like a scuba diver camera. I bought the 814 and 814E because they are such durable, great all around cameras. The original 814 i got as a buy it now on eBay for $35! Finally, the Nizo was bought from a man in Germany. Hands down this is my most disappointing camera. It is very quiet and smooth, but it's sound recording suddenly ability broke down and ruined about five rare sound cartridges. I will never forgive it for that!
I hope this helps.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks